Visual Art Activities
Indian Academy of Fine Arts
Indian Academy of Fine Arts: Visual Art Activities
Visual Art being getting promoted as never before under Visual Art Secretary Sh. O. P. Verma and the President S. Shivdev Singh. New generation of artists is contemplating with the contemporary art namely S. Shivdev Singh, Sh. O P. Verma, Dr Gopal Karodiwal, S Kulwant Singh Gill, S. Bhupinder Singh Nanda, S. Sukhpal Singh, Dr. Neeta Mohindra, Sh Dharminder Sharma, Sh Gulshan Sadana, S. Narinder Singh, Ms. Ravinder Dhillon and many more.
1. All India Exhibition of Arthas been a regular feature of IAFA. It started way back in 1932 and was inaugurated by the then Financial Commissioner, Govt of Punjab, Mr. M.A.Latifee;
2nd Exhibition was inaugurated by Mr. Macfraquhar, the then Deputy Commissioner of Amritsar;
3rd by Sir Sikandar Hayat Khan, Premier Punjab. Other notable exhibitions; Exhibition in 1950 at Simla was inaugurated by Sh. C.M. Trivedi the first Governor of East Punjab;
In 1952 at Amritsar inaugurated by Sh. K.M.Carriappa, Commander-in-chief of India;
In 1953 Silver Jubilee Exhibition by Bharat Rattan Rashtarpati Dr. Rajinder Parshad;
In 2008 Platinum Jubilee Exhibition by S. Rajinder Mohan Singh Chhina
In 2012 78th by Sh. Arun Jaitely, Leader of the opposition in Rajya Sabha.
2017 All India Exhibition was held in the month of OCTOBER 2017.
2018 All India Exhibition will be held in the month of OCTOBER 2018.
For participation, see the 'Rules & Regulations' and download the ENTRY FORM.Click here for the results 84th All India Exhibition of Art.
2. Solo/Group exhibitionsThe IAFA provides its central exhibition hall at symbolic charges and collaborate with the artists to organise of their art creations.
3. EVENING HOBBY CLASSESin paintings are being run since 1962 where hundreds of senior and junior students come regularly for training.
From 2013 onwards, Certificate Course in Fine Arts has also been started. See the Syllabus and Prospectus for more information.
4. SUMMER ART CAMP/FESTIVALIAFA started with Summer Art Camp from 2012 onwards to create awareness and interest for Fine Arts amongst children and public. It shall be held in the months of JUNE-JULE (during School/ College/ Institutions) Summer Vacations. DURATION- ONE MONTH (for one Group)- Timings: Morning 11AM to 1 PM & Evening 5PM to 7 PM
For all the Age Groups in the following Art Fields:
- Paintings, Drawings, Graphics
- Sculpture, Clay Modeling
- Computer Digital Art
- Calico Printing & Art Designing
5. ON THE SPOT PAINTING COMPETITIONIt is held on the 14th of NOVEMBER every year for school children. For participation download the entry form.With these art activities the academy has become a hub of art in the Northern India.
6. STATE ART EXHIBITIONIt has been on cards to hold State Art Exhibition and finally the draft has been approved by the Governing Council is as Under:
- The exhibition shall be restricted to the artist of Punjab State Only
- Exhibition shall be held in the month of March/April 2014.
- Two Groups shall be formed one for professional Artists and second for Art Students.
- Entry fee Rs 500/- for Professional Artists and Rs 250/- for Art Students.
- Awards: Cas 5(Five) Awards of Rs 5000/- each for the Professional Artists and Cash 5 (Five) awards of Rs 2500/- each for student Artists.
Prospectus have been printed and posted to the Art Schools / Colleges / Universities / Institutions. IAFA is expecting good response.
For participation, see the 'Rules & Regulations' and download the ENTRY FORM.